**This Unit should take approximately 16 instructional days**
By the end of the unit students should be able to understand that...
- all fractions have an equivalent repeating or terminating decimal representation
- all rational decimals can be written as a fraction
- there is an algorithm used to add, subtract, multiply and divide positive and negative decimals
- computing with negative fractions and decimals is similar to computing with negative integers
- you can use a variety of tools to solve real world mathematical problems with positive and negative rational numbers in any form.